Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Menswear Details: JULIUS

JULIUS was created by Tatsuro Horikawa in Tokyo in 2001 as an audio/visual project. He treats his recent collections as an extension of the project. I came across them after my tutor told me to investigate the designers stocked at Atelier New York so I can see where my designs should sit with. The website can be visited through here.

The label's aesthetic is not really what I'm inspired by, rather it's the clever little detailing that can be found in many of his pieces that has helped me refine my own design work.

Here are some interesting pant details from the SS 2010 collection. His use of zippers and pockets are exactly what I've been exploring: combining aesthetics with function. Naturally, all menswear design should consider this, but his playful approach is what I find most appealing.

Photos courtesy of the official JULIUS website


No comments:

Post a Comment