Pages

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Piece #1 Colour me silly!

First post!

So after much procrastination, I've decided my first post should be about my love for all things colourful!
One of the main things I really want my end of year collection to have is a really fun, energetic vibe. During my procrastinating hours on the internet, I came across Chicago-based artist Nick Cave and his amazing Soundsuits! 






Photos taken from Lost at E Minor









Photos taken from the city loves you






Photos taken from vivalemani.wordpress

Aren't they fantastic?! 
These suits/wearable sculptures were made from an assortment of materials so that the sounds made by each garment are all unique.
I just found them so inspiring because he really captures the fun, youthful energy that I want my collection to embody.


It's also interesting to note that when exhibited, these suits don't really come to life:


 But the way they've been photographed makes them so incredibly quirky!

To read more about them, check this out.

And if you want even more, check out this awesome video of his soundsuits being worn in public!




'Till next time, I shall leave you with some words of wisdom by the one and only Calvin Harris


Now I don't care what you dress like
Or what you wear
But please make sure baby
You've got some colours in there
Now it's all very well stepping out in black and white
But you're no girlfriend of mine
If you're doing that right

Get some colours on, get some colours on


1 comment:

  1. am loving their fuzzy wuzzy-ness! and so colourful ^_^

    ReplyDelete