Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Top Gear Vietnam

I recently watched a special episode of Top Gear that showed the presenters travel to Vietnam to take on the challenge of driving from the South of Vietnam to North Vietnam in 8 days. Only having 15 million dong (equivalent to app. US$1000, they had to buy motorbikes instead of cars to travel with.

Besides being entertained by the things that the guys got up to (having to eat snake, painting Richard Hammond's motorbike pink, crossing on water on their bikes), the episode left quite an impression. I've never been to Vietnam, so it was incredible seeing them travel on these great roads with such spectacular views. 








Images from here and here

This gave me inspiration for my muse. 
After failing to find a male muse that truly encapsulates the person I'm trying to design for for my collection, I've been working on developing my own fictional character to become my muse. I wanted him to be an adventurous guy who loves sports, travel and everything that comes with it. A real adrenaline junkie who wants to see, learn and try new things.

If you're interested in travel and have never been to Vietnam, I really recommend this episode. It really motivated me (besides making me want to ride a motorcycle!) to try new things and made me realise there are so many things I haven't seen!
Hopefully it inspires you as much as it inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment